Building on the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec has designed two new products: a robotic Remote Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations, and the Flip-Mask, remotely controlled Bahtinov Mask.
A number of our customers have asked that we offer a way to introduce a diffraction mask into the light path for remote observatories. Our solution is the Flip-Mask. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically position a custom size Bahtinov Mask for precision focusing, then remotely move it out of the path once focus is achieved and verified.
Optec masks are precision cut on our in-house laser engraving /cutting machine up to 12-inches in diameter. Contact us if you have a different preferred diffraction mask or wish to adapt a mask you already own. Some weight limitations may apply.
- Bahtinov Mask Diameter: Customer Request - up to 12" (30 cm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe