"Less is more!" Better a few filters with high optical performance produced for astronomical observations than whole mountains of filters with mediocre quality.
- Color Filter Set with 6 colors for contrast enhancement of lunar and planetary observations.
- Included Filters: Dark Blue Filter, Light Blue Filter, Green Filter, Yellow Filter, Orange Filter and Red Filter
- Largest free opening of all color filters on the market to eliminate any vignetting.
- CNC machined "grip crown" provides excellent handling and comfort.
- Both sides 7-layer AR coating with only 0.25% residual reflection per surface. This is the most anti-reflective coating that has ever been undertaken with color filters.
- Non-aging sealed coating
- The most important criterion for any kind of light filtering is brightness. Certain spectral ranges at high magnification will only work at the highest light transmittance.
- The long-pass filter in this filter set offers 98% transmission and produces no flare. Unmatched by other brands. This can easily be seen in comparison with standard color filters - the filter colors are far more radiant
- The combination of our infrared (IR) cut filter 1¼" and the RG 610 red filter results as an extremely narrow-band H-a pass filter for the CCD photography of red emission nebulae - at a ridiculously low price!
- A wide range of adaptors allow the uses of T-2 photo threads (See: Baader Astro T-2 System™).
Not just another colored filter. Finally, a set of serious tools for the planetary observer. Baader Planetarium's Premium Colored Filters bring a new level of quality and performance to planetary contrast enhancement. Available singly, or as a full set of 6 filters in both 1¼” and 2" Sizes.
Freedom from Ghost images, even when stacked. Striae-free substrates are polished parallel to 30 seconds of to avoid wedge errors. Finest 7-layer hard multicoatings on both faces feature 0.25% residual reflections (Baader filters are unique, no other colored filter incorporates anti-reflection multicoatings). The coatings are also different for each of the filters, in order to match the coating performance to the filter curve of each color. This maximizes the transmission and minimizes reflections.
Extremely High Transmissions result in maximum contrast and isolation of planetary details, even with smaller telescopes. Efficiencies of the three longpass filters (Red, Orange, and Yellow) peaks at 98%, and efficiencies of the three bandpass filters (Green, Blue, Dark Blue) achieve 70%.
Carefully designed spectral characteristics. Filters may be stacked without image degradation or ghosting, in order to provide even narrower passbands. Or, combine with any of the other Baader filters for interesting possibilities. For actual spectral traces, see Color Filter Transmission Curves.
No reduction in sharpness, even at high magnifications or when using the filter far ahead of the focal plane (ie, digital imaging, or in front of a diagonal or binoviewer).
By using the 2" size, only one filter is needed for binoviewing. Only Baader colored filters have the optical quality necessary for use this far ahead of the focal plane.