The iOptron® CEM40G mount is the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts with a built-in iGuider guiding camera. This mount is incredibly eye-pleasing, and its beauty is found in more than its appearance. The functionality of the mount is superb. Weighing in at only 17.5 lbs., the CEM40G can support a payload of up to 40lbs.! That's incredible!
This mount also has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40G mount has a dual saddle that accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40 also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features
The iOptron CEM40 mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
With the included tripod, 10lbs. counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Built-in iGuider guiding camera
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 17.4 lbs (7.9 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolarTM electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- Vixen, Losmandy dual saddle
- LiteRoc 1.75 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (7kg)
- Hard case for mount head
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
- NEW iOptron subsidized TheSky Imaging Edition