Introducing the HEM27 and the HEM27EC, iOptron’s revolutionary hybrid harmonic drive mounts. These light weight, high payload tiny titans will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. Imagine a mount head weighing in at 8.15lbs with a payload capability 29.74lbs, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. Applying iOptron’s multi decade experience creating precision mounts, the HEM27 brings this vision to reality.
Utilizing state of the art harmonic drive technology for the RA movement in tandem with backlash-free DEC worm/belt drive design, the HEM27s deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
The HEM27EC features a high precision RA axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image “sans” guiding.
- Advanced harmonic drive technology
- Payload capacity of 13.5 kg (29.7 lbs) with the mount weight of 3.7 kg (8.15 lbs)
- CNC machined and cast metal body
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- 360 second gear period
- High precision encoder with realtime PEC (RPEC)
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
- Cable management system, no hanging exterior cables to moving parts
- Dual saddle (vixen and losmandy-D styles)
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Soft carrying case
- Two year warranty