Freedom from cumbersome counterweights and shaft is here!
Introducing the HEM44 and the HEM44EC, iOptron’s latest revolutionary hybrid strain wave drive mounts. These light weight, compact, medium payload titans will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. Imagine a mount head weighing in at 13.65lbs with a payload capability 44lbs, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. Applying iOptron’s multi-decade experience creating precision mounts, the HEM44 brings this vision to reality.
Utilizing state of the art strain wave drive technology for the RA movement in tandem with backlash-free DEC worm/belt drive design, the HEM44s deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
A HEM44 mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
The HEM44EC features a high precision RA axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image “sans” guiding.
Tripod Not Included
HEM44 mounts with low latitude range (0~22 degree) are available via special order.
- Advanced strain wave drive technology
- Payload capacity of 20 kg (44 lbs) with the mount weight of 6.2 kg (13.65 lbs)
- CNC machined
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- 270 second gear period
- High precision encoder with realtime PEC (RPEC)
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
- Cable management system, no hanging exterior cables to moving parts
- Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Soft carrying case
- Two year warranty