Introducing the new iOptron CEM120 center balance equatorial mount.
Recognizing the growing demand for an accurate and stable, equatorial mount with the versatility to carry larger instruments and more complex imaging arrays, we created the iOptron CEM120. It offers the benefits of our revolutionary “center balance” design: stability, accuracy, and smooth mechanical operation, while capable of carrying a payload up to 115lbs (52 kg). The “center balance” design’s natural stability is due to its focusing the mount along with payloads weight directly over the center of the pier or tripod. The CEM120s performance is demonstrated by its low periodic tracking error of +/- 3.5 arc seconds and down to <0.15 arc sec RMS with the EC model. Along with the stability aspect, the CEM120 features an advanced cable management system consisting of more ports in more locations preventing tangle ups and reducing the chance of fractured cables. It also adds some new features to the CEM family like Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation and easy to use, reliable clutches on both axes.
The CEM 120 will initially be available in two versions, the CEM120 and the CEM120EC (The EC version has high resolution encoders for real time nearly error free tracking).
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Observatory astrophotography mount ideal for both visual observation and Astrophotography
- Payload of 115 lbs (52 kg) with the mount weight of 57 lbs (26 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation
- Integrated ST-4 auto guiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded, individual adjustable Losmandy style saddle