The William Optics RedCat 51 refractor telescope features a 51mm objective lens, in a sleek quadruplet Petzval APO design, using Synthetic Fluoride (FPL53 and FPL51) glass for a full frame flat field image. The optical quality provides a fast focal ratio of f/4.9, 250mm focal length. The William Optics RedCat 51 will out resolve most high resolution DSLR lenses of similar focal lengths with exceptional color and contrast. This 2022 version has been revamped for finer focus control via the dewsheild tension control adjustment.
Inspired by luxury watches, the field rotator is laser etched with a degree indicator. Focusing is similar to a telephoto camera lens with a smooth helical style focuser for fast and accurate focusing. To ensure that you will have the most precise framing possible in a small portable system, the camera can be rotated to with accuracy. Included with the RedCat 51 is a convenient soft carry case, removeable dew shield, M48 camera adapter, and William Optics patented Bahtinov mask cap. The William Optics RedCat 51 Petzval telescope is ideally suited to night sky astrophotography, wide field astroimaging, and wildlife photography.
True Fluorite is a rare mineral which create very expensive optical lenses. Being a natural material, consistency and impurities are additional factors which further increases cost as does the cost of mining and the impact on our environment. Synthetic fluorite is a highly stable monocrystal completely free of impurities. It does not emit fluorescence in UV light and is an extraordinarily clear lens material. Great care is taken during manufacturing for grinding and polishing this material to ensure that the lens does not chip or scar, and the result is a lens that is completely free of chromatic abberation making it ideal for astrophotography and wildlife imaging or viewing.
- The William Optics RedCat 51 II is a 51mm Petzval quadruplet APO refractor with synthetic Fluorite optical glass. The 2022 version has been reconfigured with focus tension control.
- Modeled after telephoto camera lenses and inspired by luxury watches, William Optics' goal was to create an affordable telescope that would provide superior performance, ultra flat field and perfect color and contrast.
- Easy to adjust helical style focuser and camera rotator with etching for accurate adjustments.
- Fast optical design at f/4.9, 250mm focal length.
- Beautiful red anodized finish.
- Includes soft carry case, M56, M54 and M4 adapters, V series dovetail foot, a removable dew shield with Bahtinov mask cap and focus tension control.