- Steeldrive II Controller without motor focuser unit
- Controls the temperature compensating Steeldrive II focusing motor for Baader Steeltrack® (Classic and Diamond) focusers and optionally many other focusers
- AUX port for precise temperature control e. g. of dew shield heaters, optical filters or instruments with a precision of +/-0.1 degree
- Intuitive handling: The back-illuminated hand control makes fast switching between normal speed, jogging and single step mode easy
- 12 V / 1A PWM power supply included
- Incl. 3m USB-cable to connect to a PC
- Incl. powerful SteelGo II Software (as download)
- Made in Germany: The housing is CNC-milled from Aluminium in our factory. The electronical boards are made by a German company according to our specifications
The controller is used for manual operation of the Steeldrive II Motor Unit (#2957265) with the keypad as well as to connect it to a computer. The control electronics are built into this unit.
A control unit can control one motor unit at a time, but you can use a computer to control several controllers parallel.
The intuitive hand control makes it possible to find and save the focus point very fast. Several modes are available to move the focuser:
- Normal mode: The focuser moves as long as a key is pressed.
- Jogging mode: Each keystroke moves the focuser for a distance which is configurable in the SteelGo-software (e.g. 0.1 mm).
- Single step mod: Each keystroke moves the focuser for the smallest possible way (ca. 2.5 micrometer).
The configuration of limits, saving and resetting of positions and (de)activating of the temperature control can also be done with the hand control. Brightness of backlight illumination and status LEDs are also configurable.
The motor unit and focuser are not included.
- Steeldrive II (SD II) Controller
- Micro-USB Cable (3 m)
- 12V / 5A power supply with EU-plug
- Further plugs for US- and UK-sockets
- Velcro tapes (cable ties) for strain-relieving cable management