- For guiding, OAG-L can only work with ASI Mini cameras like ASI174MM Mini, ASI290MM Mini and ASI120MM Mini.
- Considering the large prism size, we don’t recommend you use OAG-L with telescopes whose clear aperture is smaller than M48.
- Yet it is recommended to use with 2” EFW or 7x36mm EFW, and with APS-C cameras (ASI2600) or full frame cameras (ASI6200/2400). The large clear aperture supports full frame cameras without vignetting.
- The major differences between OAG-L and M68 OAG are about the prism size and the threads. OAG-L removed the inner threads so you can directly use the screws to connect it to other equipment.
- If the thread of your telescope side is M48, then you don’t need to remove the M48 sensor tilt plate coming with OAG-L. On the contrary, you need to remove it and use some other sensor tilt plate at the corresponding thread of your telescope.
The pictures below show how to remove the sensor tilt plate: